Monday, June 24, 2013

Slow-Bake Kale Chips

Hello, friends... Wow, I’ve missed you guys! It's been way too long since we've chatted on Ella Modern, and for that, I apologize. The past couple months have flown by so fast, that I can't believe summer is already in full swing! I've got so much to share, so let's jump right back in.

One of my favorite things about our neighborhood this time of year are the weekend Greenmarkets. Stands are set up all along Greenwich Street, showcasing beautiful flowers, fresh fruits and vegetables and there's even fresh fish... but only for the early risers, it sells so fast. 


Greens were in abundance this weekend, so I picked up a giant bunch of Tuscan Kale. I love to use kale for salads because it's a little heartier than ordinary lettuce (and, I highly recommend trying THIS recipe). For something more savory, I also like to make Kale Chips. Yes, that's right, Kale Chips.

I've tried several different recipes, but Gwyneth Paltrow's slow-bake rendition is by far the best, and ensures a crispy chip!

Ingredients
1 Bunch Tuscan Kale, Chopped Into Bite Size Pieces
Olive Oil
Sea Salt

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Lightly drizzle the kale with olive oil and toss to coat. Spread kale on a sheet pan in a single layer (you may have to use two sheet pans). Sprinkle with sea salt.  Bake for 1 hour until lightly browned and crisp.

Enjoy!

1 comment: