Monday, June 18, 2012

Lavender Lemonade


Hello, Monday. You're here so quickly, as most of my weekend was spent organizing closets and kitchen cabinets in our apartment. And while, to some extent, I find these chores somewhat therapeutic, it's shocking how long they take to complete, don't you all agree? So, as a little celebratory measure, I invited one of my closest friends over for a Sunday cocktail on the rooftop.

For a long time, I've wanted to attempt recipes with lavender. To me, it's such an elegant herb that seems to make every dish sound, and taste, very appealing.

Today was the perfect day... I decided to make not just any lemonade, but lavender lemonade. And, the result was divine.

{Lavender Lemonade}
I followed THIS recipe, and it couldn't have been easier. The only make-ahead step is preparing the lavender infused simple syrup. This adds the sweetness and floral essence to the lemonade. 

Lavender simple syrup can be used for a variety of other flavorings and serves as a nice hostess gift.

For the vibrant, purple color, be sure to add a drop each of red and blue food coloring. Otherwise, the syrup appears quite clear.

{Lavender Simple Syrup}

*Images via Sunday Suppers and Pease Pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment