Wednesday, June 27, 2012

DIY:: Spiced Cashew Milk

Before our wedding last year, I attempted the Blue Print Cleanse. And, to be completely honest, I wasn't very successful. By the end of Day 1, I found myself hungry, tired and irritable... Did I mention hungry?

While I probably won't ever be consuming six juices per day again, I was introduced to, and will continue to enjoy, the healthy deliciousness that is: cashew milk.



This sweet, yet satisfying beverage, is packed with vitamins and antioxidants. And, while I'm not on a raw, gluten-free, dairy-free nor vegan diet... It works with all of those!

Spiced Cashew Milk
2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water overnight)
4 cups filtered water
4-5 dates, pitted (soaked in water for about 5 minutes)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cardamon (optional)

Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender (I highly recommend using a VitaMix) and blend until the cashews are pulverized. Let mixture sit for about 10 minutes. Pour mixture through a layer of cheese cloth and squeeze all the liquid into a bowl. Transfer milk to a glass jar or pitcher and store in the fridge for up to two days.

*Image via Roost

No comments:

Post a Comment