Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dinner Party Simplicity:: Mustard Roasted Fish


Last weekend, we hosted a dinner party and I was itching to try a new recipe. I had been eyeing Ina's Mustard Roasted Fish for a long time, but for some reason had never tried making it.

Since our gathering was the evening of "Spring Ahead" and we were experiencing unseasonably warm weather, I felt it would be the perfect main course for the occasion. Paired with steamed asparagus and herbed cous cous, obviously I couldn't go wrong.

What I liked most about this recipe (and to be honest, the entire menu), was that it could be prepared in advance of guests arriving. There's nothing worse than not attending to your company because you're slaving away in the kitchen preparing dinner.

I planned dinner for 7:30PM that evening. Ten minutes before that, I snuck away for the "oh so very last minute" preparations. I simply put the fish in oven for 8 minutes, ccooked the asparagus for 4 minutes, and heated my cous cous (which I had made beforehand).

The fish turned out wonderfully. In fact, we didn't even have leftovers! And for dessert, we had stewed fresh berries with vanilla bean ice cream. Simple and delicious.

Everyone asked for the recipe when they left. Therefore, a worthwhile blog post! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment