Sunday, February 12, 2012

White Chocolate Confetti Popcorn... For The Grammy's


Watching the Grammy Awards is one of my favorite TV nights of the year! Granted, I don't watch much TV,  but still. The red carpet, the dresses, the interviews, I'm obsessed! And, having worked with some of the artists makes it even more exciting... 'Yay, Taylor Swift'!

So, with that said, you know what I'll be doing tonight.

My husband and his father have been traveling all week on business, so this evening, my Mother-In-Law and I have planned a fun night filled with dinner downtown, followed by the Grammy's and a good bottle of wine.

For the later portion, I've decided to bring a festive dessert/snack for us to enjoy. It's actually a recipe I've been wanting to try for a while: White Chocolate Confetti Popcorn!

I originally saw this recipe on The Glitter Guide, but, have adjusted it a bit according to my taste. The result, sweet and salty, pretty deliciousness!

White Chocolate Confetti Popcorn
1 block white chocolate, 6-8oz., chopped
8-10 cups air popped popcorn (not buttered)
1/4 cup confetti sprinkles

Add about 1-inch of water to a double boiler (or a saucepan with a metal bowl nestled atop). Note: be sure your bowl is completely dry. Heat over medium-low, watching the chocolate the entire time. White chocolate has a lower melting point, so it can seize easily. When chocolate is melted, stir until smooth.

In a few batches, pour chocolate over popcorn, mixing gently to coat each kernel lightly.


Evenly spread popcorn onto a baking sheet and add confetti sprinkles. Let popcorn sit for 3-4 hours (or until dry). Beware, this is extremely addictive. Have a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment