Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolution Revolution

The first "real" day of the year has arrived and I'm pretty sure we all did the same thing this morning: Went to the gym, ordered a black coffee versus a fancy one at Starbucks and ate a Greek yogurt for breakfast. Sound familiar? Well, it should...


According to a reader poll conducted by In Style, 44% of women resolve to work-out and eat healthier come the new year. And, 22% strive to manage money more wisely and stick to a budget. In fact, these topics are at the top of women's minds so often, that 82% have made the same resolution more than once! Yep, I'm guilty.

CNN reports that, of the 100 million Americans that make resolutions, only 40% will stick with them past 6 months.


Still, all of this failed-resolution-jabber doesn't deter me from trying to improve some healthy habits for 2012. So, over the past couple weeks, I've been jotting down a few things I want to focus on this year.


These ideas are pretty simple because I think that's the best way to start developing better habits. While it takes 3 weeks to break a bad habit, developing a good one sometimes seems a little more difficult. Over the next few days, we'll dive deeper into our resolutions... And, decipher ways to make our goals stick!

I'd love to hear some of your resolutions for 2012! Please share and I'll add them to the list... New year, new you!

No comments:

Post a Comment