Tuesday, October 16, 2012

DIY Brightening Kiwi Mask

We're so excited... Two of our close friends are tying the knot this weekend in Boston! The event will be a festive, fall party, held at an Estate located just outside the city proper. 

I love getting dressed up and usually look for any excuse to do so! For me, part of the fun of attending any soiree is the anticipation and preparation beforehand.


I like to incorporate a brightening face mask into my beauty routine a few days before the event to rid my skin of any impurities and give it a more natural glow. I've used a variety of branded products in the past, but have evolved into making my own at-home scrub. I prefer this variation because it's all-natural, less expensive and very simple to prepare. 

The formulation relies heavily on the super-fruit qualities of kiwi. With its powerful duo of antioxidant vitamin C (more than an orange!) and exfoliating alpha hydroxy fruit acids, kiwi creates more elasticity in the skin.

To prepare, mix: 2 kiwis, pureed + 3 tablespoons plain yogurt (I use plain Greek Yogurt because of the thicker consistency) + 1 tablespoon orange juice + 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small bowl until well blended. Using your fingertips, apply to the entire face (avoiding the eyes). Leave on until dry, then rinse well.

*Image via Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment