Friday, January 27, 2012

Today, Let's Meet The Salad Girl... And, Win A Cookbook

As you all know, I'm a complete "health nut"! And, the newest trend I'm completely into is "buying local". This whole movement is based on people coming together to support their local farmers, sustain hometown economies and most importantly, maintain good health by eating fresh, non-processed, whole foods.

During my visit to Minneapolis last week, I was thrilled to be introduced to Pam Powell. She's a local artist, and chef, who has turned her love for healthy salads into a thriving business. Her wonderful, artful, fruit and vegetable creations have made her more well-known as, "The Salad Girl".

Pam was gracious enough to give me a sample of each of her seven organic, gluten-free salad dressings. They are currently sold at fine markets in Minneapolis, including Whole Foods. And, they will be distributed Nationally in the coming months.



The best thing about each dressing is the recipe included on the label. I tend to love any sort of Waldorf salad, so immediately the Crisp Apple Maple flavor was my "go-to". I followed the recipe, but arranged the salad in a canning jar, so I could take it with me on-the-go. I saw this idea on Pinterest and had to give it a try. Just make sure you give the jar a good shake before enjoying.

{Crisp Apple Maple Party Salad}
Pam even has a cookbook. I'm the newest owner and have already tried three delicious recipes! One of my most recent favorites isn't even based on greens, but on quinoa. It's loaded with protein, veggies, and heart-healthy olive oil. Take a peek for yourself!

{Quinoa Salad with Stone Ground Mustard Vinaigrette}
So, for all you fellow "health nuts", Ella Modern has two cookbooks to give away! I couldn't be more excited!

To Enter:

Send an email to ellamodern@gmail.com and tell me which of Pam's recipes to try next:

Roasted Brussels Sprout Salad with Fresh Rosemary and Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette

OR

Asian Slaw with Honey-Ginger Vinaigrette

Winners will be announced on Monday, January 30... Best of luck!

*Entries must be received by 11:59PM MST on January 29, 2012. Only one entry per person.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely try: Roasted Brussels Sprout Salad with Fresh Rosemary and Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette

    ReplyDelete
  2. #20 in the program but #1 in your heart....Jeffrey Daniel Schneiderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! i like the blue one label.

    ReplyDelete