Friday, February 10, 2012
For Your Man...
Like it or not, Valentine's Day is right around the corner!
Personally, I find this Hallmark Holiday comparable to New Year's Eve: expensive with high expectations.
But, it is an excuse to make an ordinary day a little extra-special... And, encourages us to show loved ones how important they are in our lives.
I love gift-giving, especially when I find something with a unique twist. So, when it comes to the man in your life, I promise you can't go wrong with these 'I Love You' suggestions:
1. Tumi Ballistic Snap Case for iPad 2, $95. He's already throwing his iPad in his Tumi briefcase. Give him the matching protective accessory.
2. Valerie Confections Scotch Truffles and Liquid Caramels, $32. Infused with Macallan Single Malt Scotch and paired with liquid caramels, these bon bons are a decadent indulgence.
3. Dinner for two at a steakhouse OR making a romantic main course at home, such as Grilled Lamb Chops.
4. Material 6 Wood iPhone Backs, $90. If you're looking for a way to add a bit of wooden warmth to the back of your iPhone, these are the only way to go. Available in a variety of finishes, they come complete with a tiny screwdriver that lets you go from glass to sturdy wood in less than a minute.
5. Kings County Distillery, $20. Kings County Distillery is NYC's first legal distillery since Prohibition. Available in Moonshine, Bourbon and Whiskey.
6. john varvatos Artisan, $80. john varvatos Artisan embodies craftsmanship while exuding a modern edge. The fragrance reinvents the "splash" feeling by blending state-of-the-art, abstract notes with classic citrus and herbal tones for a contemporary twist on the traditional cologne.
7. Shafer 2007 Hillside Select Cabernet Sauvignon, $225. Splurge on a great bottle of wine! This is one of our all-time favorites!