Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Modern Workout Day 2:: SOUL CYCLE


Finally, my body has stopped hurting from last week's AEROBARRE workout! While it was SO much fun and I can't wait to go back... This week had a new exercise adventure: SOUL CYCLE.

Now, don't get me wrong, I attend spin class often, as it's my favorite fitness routine. I guess you could call me a "regular", as I tend to go to the same place, with the same instructor, at the same time... But, no more!

At the Tribeca studio, some classes fill up almost the second they open for the week ahead. The 6:00PM session with Charlee falls into that category. This past weekend, I was lucky enough to score a last minute spot. I don't think I knew what I was in for!

The 60-bike studio was completely full (surprising to me being Saturday evening in New York). As I looked around, I almost had to laugh. There was some sort of memo I didn't receive: all the guys were wearing beanie caps and the girls, bandanas... Only during warm-up, of course. Was I at the gym, or a club?

All that aside, the second class began, I knew it was going to be awesome! The music was a combination of pop mixes, upbeat instrumentals and hip-hop. I had so much energy I almost forgot I was peddling (at a sprinting pace).

SOUL CYCLE has a way of combining a typical spin routine with an upper body workout of push-ups, weights and core exercises. What I loved most about this class was that every routine made me feel like I was dancing... Honestly, as I questioned above, "was I at the gym or a club"? It made the workout so much fun!

The ride was the most intense session I've had, since first attending the studio. And, no wonder there is a "cultish" following. At the end of this cardio party, I felt proud and energized.

*Images via Soul Cycle

No comments:

Post a Comment