Friday, December 9, 2011

Dare I Say? Disappointed in Ina.

Caramel is my absolute favorite flavor, especially this time of year!

This morning, I drank one of these: Grande Caramel Macchiato.


And as I write this post, I'm burning this: Laudree Salted Caramel Candle.


And during the middle of my day, I attempted to make these: Barefoot Contessa Fleur de Sel Caramels.


I tried this recipe last year for the first time, but blamed my fail on the lack of using a candy thermometer. And today, with my Williams-Sonoma candy thermometer in hand, I was ready again. And, once again, my Fleur De Sel Caramels didn't look quite like that, but more like this...


Dear Ina,
How come every recipe I make of yours works PERFECTLY, except this one? The one for my favorite candy in the world! I've tried twice and have failed. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong because all I want is a Fleur De Sel Caramel!

Love,
ELLA MODERN

P.S. Needless to say, it's no candy, but it sure will be good on ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment