Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ellen and Jeff

ELLA loves weddings! So, today I'll share my own modern-day love story. We'll start with the best day of our lives... 9/17/11,Take a peek!


{Dress: Monique Lhuillier. Shoes: Manolo Blahnik. Jewelry: Brinkhaus. Tuxedo: Canali. Bridesmaid Dresses: Amsale. Photographer: PMG Image}
 
Our first date ... Tribeca Grill, New York City

Jeff and I met through our mutual friends, Ryan and Lauren. Jeff, Ryan and Lauren attended Middlebury College together in Vermont, and Lauren has been a close friend of mine in the city.

Prior to Jeff asking me out to dinner, we had several missed connections for our friends to formally introduce us. In the end, Jeff and I met for the first time on a blind date at the Tribeca Grill in New York City.

As I walked inside the trendy, downtown restaurant, I immediately saw Jeff waiting at the chic bar. He looked my way. We both smiled.

Dinner was delicious. And, after almost three hours, we realized we were among the last few in the restaurant. The waiter had subtly encouraged us to leave, so Jeff suggested we go across the street to one of his favorite spots for a glass of wine. We walked down the block to Smith and Mills, which I soon realized was a hidden gem in the city.

As the evening ended, Jeff and I concluded that our blind date was a success. We both laughed and said we needed to thank Ryan and Lauren for the introduction. We’ve been all smiles since!  Thanks, Ryan and Lauren!


The Proposal ... November 24, 2010

In early 2010, Jeff moved from New York City to Calgary, to work with his father at RII NA. For a long-distance relationship, we’re fortunate to see each other about every two weeks, but certainly have logged extensive airline miles. Needless to say, airports have become a significant part of our relationship!

Jeff and I spent Thanksgiving in Calgary this year. The flight from New York is about 5 hours, so I always try and leave first thing in the morning. Both Jeff and I are now very used to 7 a.m. flights! 

Rushing off the plane, I raced through customs and entered the Arrivals section of the airport (one of the happiest places I believe exists, being greeted by the ones you love).

I saw Jeff and ran to say hello! I immediately started talking about how excited I was to be in Calgary and how beautiful the mountains were from the sky! Jeff slowly interrupted me and handed me a present, like he always does when he greets me at the airport. Usually, it's a box of Bernard Callebaut truffles! However, this time was different.

Inside the gift bag, I pulled out the most beautiful, gold foil box. Hidden beneath the brown satin bow, I noticed a small sticker with the Brinkhaus logo, a famous Canadian jeweler. “Is this really what I think it is?” I thought to myself.

As I continued to gaze at the box, Jeff nudged me to untie the wrapping. My heart was racing with excitement. We held hands as I pulled out the small, black velvet box inside.

After the most heart-touching proposal, Jeff slid the stunning, diamond ring onto my finger. By this point, my eyes were filled with tears, and I jumped into his arms saying “YES”! We spent the rest of the day celebrating with family and calling close friends to share our great news! This is surely a day we both will never forget! 


No comments:

Post a Comment