Sunday, December 18, 2011

For the Hostess...

Last night we had a Christmas party and I brought the cutest hostess gift as a "thank you": Cranberry, Orange, Vanilla Bean infused vodka. It was so easy and turned out fantastic! I think I'll be making a few more bottles this week to give as gifts!




Cranberry, Orange, Vanilla Bean Infused Vodka


  • 1 pound fresh cranberries
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 vanilla bean, split
  • 2 oranges, peels cut into 2-inch strips
  • 1 (750-ml) bottle good-quality vodka

Place cranberries, sugar and vanilla in a medium saucepan. 


Place pan over medium heat and stir. Simmer cranberry mixture until the berries burst, about 5 to 6 minutes. Place orange peels in a large glass container with an airtight lid, or large mason jars with lids. Pour vodka over the orange peels.

Allow the cranberry mixture to cool. Pour the cooled mixture into the glass container. Cover tightly and set aside for 3 days to one week. Strain out the cranberries and orange peels and pour mixture into a clean bottle, using a funnel. Store vodka in the refrigerator. And, make sure you put a small label on the back indicating this delicious treat is from you!


Here's a great Cranberry Cosmopolitan recipe to pair with your infused vodka... Courtesy of Martha Stewart.

1 1/2 ounces Cranberry, Orange, Vanilla Bean Vodka
1 1/2 ounces cranberry juice
1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 ounce orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau
Ice cubes
Orange peel, for garnish
Cranberries, for garnish

In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice, orange liqueur, and ice; shake until well combined. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Twist orange peel over cocktail and add to glass. Garnish with skewered cranberries; serve immediately.


{Martha Stewart}


3 comments:

  1. Ellen, I'm following this recipe as I'm typing! Thank you so much for posting this awesome blog, my girlfriends and I just love it! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to hear from you, Sarah! Also, congrats on your wedding... It looked beautiful!

    I love that you and your friends are enjoying the blog... I'm having a lot of fun with it :)

    I hope you enjoy this one... It tastes very Holiday'ish!

    Greet your family for me... Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed this blog, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete